Last visit: 2017-07-22 10:11:11
Historical brief about Benha University
105 years of establishing the faculty of agriculture as the first faculty of Benha University and 10 years of separating Benha University from Zagazig University
- Benha University was a branch of Zagazig University since 1976 by Presidential decree No.1142 in November, 25, 1976. It included five faculties (Agriculture in Mochtohor – Engineering in Shubra – commerce, medicine and education in Benha).
- The Faculty of Agriculture, founded in 1911, which is considered one of the oldest faculties of agriculture in Egypt.
- The ministerial decree No. 278 of the year 1981 was issued to establish the faculties of Science and Arts in Benha, as well as Veterinary Medicine in Mochtohor.
- The faculty of Law was established (as a branch of Zagazig Faculty of Law) in 1990). The ministerial decree No. 287 of the year 1994 was issued to join Faculty of Law with Benha Branch.
- The ministerial decree No. 301 of the year 1992 was issued to establish The Higher Institute of Nursing at Benha which has become Faculty of Nursing in 1996.
- The ministerial decree No. 329 in October, 01, 1998 was issued to join the Faculty of Specific Education with Benha Branch.
- The presidential decree No. 84 of the year 2005 was issued to separate Benha Branch from Zagazig University to become Benha University.
- In March, 7, 2006, the presidential decree No. 83 was issued to join the Higher Institute of Technology with Benha University.
- In July, 20, 2006, the presidential decree No. 267 was issued to establish the Faculty of Computers and Information.
- Benha University is the 13th university in foundation among the 17 universities. There are several places for campus at Benha, Mochtohor, and Shubra. The University includes faculties of Medicine, Nursing, Science, Education, Physical education, Commerce, Arts, Law, Specific Education, Computers and Information and the Higher Institute of technology in Benha, in addition to the faculties of Agriculture and Veterinary Medicine in Mochtohor and the Faculty of Engineering in Shubra. 180 acres of land in El Obour City have allocated for Benha University to meet the future expansion of the University. Benha University also includes some service units such as the General Administration of Students Care, three university cities for male students in Benha, Mochtohor, and Shubra in addition to two university cities for female students in Benha and Shubra as well as 36 centers and units that serve the university and the community.