PREVALENCE OF RENALARTERY STENOSIS IN CORONARYARTERY DISEASE PATIENTS
|Full paper||Not Available|
This workwas planed to study the prevalence ofrenal artery stenosis (RAS) inpatientswithcoronary artery disease (CAD), and to evaluate its relation to different parameters as age, sex, hypertension, smoking, dia betes melliius, severity ofcoronary artery disease, hypercholesterolemia, renalfunction, and left ventricular dysfunction. The study comprised 128 patients sufferingfromcoronary artery disease documented by coronary angiography, 96males (75%) and32females (25%)with meanageo/53 7.48y. All patients were subjected to thorough history taking,fill clinical examination. X-ray chest& heart, electrocardiography and laboratory in vestigationsformeasuring blood urea, serumcreatinine and total choles terol. Abdominal aortography at the level ofthefrst lumbar vertebra and selective renalongiographywere done at the same sitting ofcoronary an giography. Renal artery stenosis, was considered if there is himinal nar rowing of>50%. The results revealed that 23 patients (18%) ofthe study group 18 males and 5females with mean age 617.1y showed renal ar tery stenosis (group fl uihiZe the remaining 105 patients (82%), 78 males and 27 females with mean age 517.4y showed normal renal arteries (group II). The study showed also that advance of age, multivessel coro nary artery diseaseand systemic hypertension are significantly correlate with theprevalence ofrenovascular disease while other riskfactors as di abetes mellitus, smoking and hyperchlosterolemia proved to have a weak correlation with renovascular affection. Conclusion: out of 128 patients sufferingfrom CAD, 23 (18%) werefound to have renal artery stenosis. Also there was +ve significant relation between the severity ofCAD, hy pertension and aging on one hand and the prevalence,ofHAS on the other hand.