MID-TERMCLINICALAND ANGIOGRAPHIC FOLLOW-UPAFTERPERCUTANEOUS TRANSLUMINAL CORONARYANGIOPLASTY FORTREATMENT OF CORONARY IN-STENT RESTENOSIS
|Full paper||Not Available|
With increasing incidence ofstent deployment, theproblemoJISR "the Achilles heel ofsterding" is becoming increasingly prevalent and remains the major limitation of coronary catheter based interventions. Aim of the work: To evaluate the mid-term clinical outcome after PCIfor treatment of differentpatterns oflSR and to make angiographicfollow-upfor pdtients with clinical restenosis. Thirty patients with ISR underwent successful PCIfromSeptember 2002 inNasr City InsuranceHospital and werefollowed- up clinically and by exercise stress testingfor sixmontlrs after the procedure: Angiographic follow-up was done for patients with recurrent symptoms (one patient) or with positive stress test results at follow-up (onepatient). 80% ofourpatients underwent successfulPCI using conven tional balloon and in the remaining 20% cutting balloon was used. We found no difference between bothfor treatment ofISR at six monthsfol low-up (P=0.66). In the current study, only two patients (6.7%) had clini cal and angiographic ISR. The remaining (93.3%) had afavorable clinical outcome. In conclusion: Repeat balloon angioplasty for the treatment of ISR is an easy and safeprocedure with high procedural success, but it s worthy to say that best management ofISR is not completely established. So, prevention ofISR at the outset should be tire ultimate aimand in this issue drug-eluting stents (DES) may be an outstanding option.